SPEX Help Center¶
Welcome to the SPEX help center. How can we help you?
I want to download and install SPEX
See How to install SPEX for a list of install options. We distribute pre-compiled binaries, docker images, and the source code.
How do I learn SPEX?
How do I do … in SPEX?
I have another question or problem with SPEX
The table of contents below contains the full documentation for the SPEX package. Can you find what you are looking for? If not, please use the ‘Quick search’ function on the left or ask your question though our issue-tracker.
- 1. Getting started
- 2. Analysis threads
- 2.1. Fitting a CCD spectrum
- 2.2. Modeling particle background
- 2.3. Fitting interstellar dust absorption
- 2.4. Import UV/Optical data
- 2.5. PION setup for AGN warm absorber
- 2.6. PION setup for emission and absorption features in AGN
- 2.7. Fitting two different spectra simultaneously
- 2.8. How to use the SPEX user model
- 3. Command overview
- 4. Spectral models
- 5. Additional tools
- 6. Python Interface
- 7. Help & troubleshooting
- 8. SPEX Theory
- 9. Exercises
- 10. Changelog
- 11. Credits